You can deduct home office expenses from your salary (i.e. employment income)

  • If your employer requires you to pay expense to earn employment income then you can deduct most of your employment expense on line 229 of your personal Income tax return. You should maintain a good record keeping of all your expenses.  Your employer must complete and sign form T2200 (Declaration of Condition of Employment) which you need to attach with your tax return. Depending upon your circumstances, you may be able to deduct following expenses:

  1. Home office expenses 
  2. Accounting and legal fee
  3. Advertisement and promotion
  4. Allowable motor vehicle expenses
  5. Food, beverage, and entertainment expenses 
  6. Lodging
  7. Parking 
  8. Supplies 
  9. Other related expenses

Subscribe for Monthly tax update

Information contained and accessed on this site (the “Site”) provided by the Sunil and Nita LLP is for general guidance and is intended to offer the user general information of interest. The information provided is not intended to replace, serve or substitute for any advisory, tax or other professional advice, consultation or service.

For more   info, call 905 491 6843